

Well, we found out last Wednesday that Jacob has reflux. So now the car seat is our new best friend. Basically, he will not go to sleep lying flat on his back (even if crib is elevated like we had tried). I guess it is too uncomfortable and allows the stomach acid to go up into his throat.
So now he pretty much sleeps at night and for naps in his car seat. The past couple nights he has gone 3-4 hours in between feedings so that is great - if the car seat works, I guess that's what we use.
Dr. put Jacob on Axid (which is like Zantac which reduces acid in his belly). Yesterday and today are the first days I can honestly say the medicine is working. He seems so much more content and if he does spit up it doesn't really seem to bother him.
He is gaining weight really well ( 8 lbs. 9.5 oz at 4 weeks) so that is excellent. What a beautiful boy we have!
No comments:
Post a Comment